As one of the first few organizations in Pakistan to introduce remote working policies following COVID-19, Abacus is now offering the flexibility to its employees to work from home indefinitely.
Lahore – September 16, 2020: Coronavirus sparked a revolution in the way organizations work. As the pandemic made the world come to a standstill, people started embracing lifestyles previously unbeknownst to us. Social isolation put us all in our homes, corporate meetings went digital, online learning systems became the need of the hour and organizations had to fast track their digital transformation journey to cope with a rapidly changing work environment.
Abacus, a leading consulting, technology and outsourcing firm with a global workforce responded swiftly to the crisis by introducing innovative remote delivery solutions to help its people and customers. Back in March, Abacus became one of the first few organizations in Pakistan to introduce the WFH policy for its employees, providing them the flexibility to work the way they want, wherever they want.
“Our goal has been to move forward in these unprecedented times by putting our people first and taking calculated steps to ensure we come out of this stronger.” Sarosh Qamar, Chief Human Resource Officer at Abacus. “Like everyone else, we did not know how long this would last. All we knew was that we would be agile and responsive to changing conditions, and flexible in setting work policies that keep our employees safe, supported and productive.”
Over the last few months, the new business model has worked well, debunking all previous notions on the necessity of a physical office space to get work done. With new online delivery capabilities in place, Abacus has experienced great success with remote implementations and delivery . “It has been extremely gratifying to see the resolve of the Abacus employees’ and their unwavering commitment to serve our customers and partners at the highest level with new innovative tools and remote working models. With ‘Abacus Anywhere’, we will continue to help our people deliver – whether they’re at the office, at home, or a combination of both.” Abbas Ali Khan, Managing Director, Abacus.
‘We have seen great results during this period. Since March, we have welcomed over 300 employees to the Abacus family, delivered remote projects across the globe, partnered with industry leaders and ventured into new emerging markets. We are now uniquely well equipped to face the challenges of the new normal and will continue to focus on the safety of our employees and communities as we work through the unknowns of the coming months.’ Abbas Khan added.
Here is how ‘Abacus Anywhere’ works:
- Effective immediately, all employees with a role and situation which enables them to work from home effectively can continue to do so indefinitely, subject to their manager’s approval.
- Abacus offices will continue to remain open across all locations to facilitate those employees who will work from the office, with additional precautions and safety measures in place.
- Radically increase investment in digital initiatives including new applications, infrastructure and information security platforms to enable our people to work seamlessly and securely.
- An accelerated focus on Learning & Development to equip our people with the skills to continue to deliver value to clients in times of the new normal.
- A major realignment of office space taking into consideration newly introduced international guidelines relating to Health & Safety in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
Abacus is a leading Technology, Consulting and Outsourcing firm which has pioneered the business transformation services industry in Pakistan. Over its 33-years journey, Abacus has evolved through a focus on building deep partnerships with global leaders and sustained investment in widening its global reach. For more information, visit www.abacus-global.com